Transformer and generator neutral earthing
Neutral transformadores & generators
Earthing through neutral resistors of transformers and generators is widespread in medium and high voltage industrial systems due to its obvious advantages:
- Reduction of the earth fault current to safe values until the protections are activated, in order to avoid damage to the equipment.
- Increased safety due to reduction of transient overvoltages.
- Reduction in the number of untimely disconnections.
- Ease of troubleshooting.
- Simplicity of operation and maintenance.
Necessary data for the calculation of your resistance
Make your selection of parts one after the other until you obtain the cartridge ratio. You can then download the technical guide with instructions for use.
The basic characteristics to know for the design of a harmonic filtering resistor are:
- Ohmic value.
- Power to be dissipated.
- Working cycle.
- Isolation level.
- Grade of protection of the enclosure.
Want to know more about how to build your resilience?